The 9 Form (九式 套路 Jiǔshì Tàolù) was constructed by Chen Xiaowang.
It is a very good introduction to Chen style taijiquan as it contains some of the fundamental individual movements that make up the Chen family martial art. The whole form can be performed in about two minutes.
- Beginning the Form (预备式 Yùbèi shì)
- Buddha’s Warrior Attendant Pounds Mortar (金刚捣碓 Jīngāng dǎo duì)
- Stepping Three Steps (上三步 Shàng sān bù)
- Left Hidden Hand Punch (左掩手肱拳 Zuǒ yǎn shǒu gōng quán)
- Double Pushing Hands (双推手 Shuāng tuīshǒu)
- Whirling Upper Arms (倒巻肱 Dào juàn gōng)
- Flashing the Back (闪通背 Shǎn tōng bèi)
- Right Hidden Hand Punch (右掩手肱拳 Yòu yǎn shǒu gōng quán)
- Closing the Form (收势 Shōu shì)